The Breaker Upperers (2018)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 13 items
Sex & Nudity
- There are two short sex scenes each with a man thrusting on top of a woman, no nudity. In another scene, a man briefly performs oral sex on a woman, also without nudity. Women are seen in bras a couple of times.
- There is a lot of talk about sex acts, sexual orientation, and sex within versus outside of intimate relationships, some of it vulgar.
- Breasts are momentarily visible on a sign above a bar.
- At a hen (bachelorette) party, women wear hats with rubber penises.
Violence & Gore
- We see a bloody nose that was punched (impact not shown), and bleeding noses a couple of other times.
- There are some verbal threats.
- A character's hair catches on fires, later we see marks on the forehead where it was scorched.
- Mounted heads of dead animals are seen on a wall.
- Occasional, includes multiples uses of "f*ck", some of "shit", "cocksucker", "bitch", "pussy", and "Jesus Christ".
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- In two scenes multiple people are seen snorting a substance that looks like cocaine. Marijuana joints are smoked at least once, and a bong is seen. Alcohol is consumed socially and in quantity at parties. No obvious intoxication is shown.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- A couple of intense scenes occur when people are told that someone is breaking up with him/her, and when people are told that someone is dead. Otherwise, the film is largely presented comically.
Sex & Nudity
- A character walks by with a long loaf of bread and cantaloupes placed to imitate penis and breasts.
- Characters are momentarily concerned about the legality of sex with someone, but he is above the age of consent (16 in New Zealand).