Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 9 items
|MPAA||Rated PG-13 for some violent images and brief strong language|
Sex & Nudity
- At least 2 sexual references through jokes, one older woman describes a story she heard of one of the main characters wearing a sheer see-through night gown to "show off her boobs" and suggests that her and the other main character did sexual things. There is a brief, but very clear, image of a drawing of a naked woman's body, front and back.
- A man is discussed as being effeminate or homosexual.
Violence & Gore
- At the very beginning of the film, the main role is working on a corpse- showing how you prepare a body for a funeral. You see him glue the eyes and mouth, shave hair and apply make up to the face. Whilst not scary, it may be unsuitable for some viewers.
- There is also a scene where some teenagers have been involved in a fatal car crash. You see 3 or 4 very bloody dead bodies, lying in various positions on the car and road. There are some short close ups of this scene, and it's very graphic- showing what can happen to drivers speeding. The main role is shown clearing the scene and saying some kind words.
- There's almost one of every common curse word: d*mn, f*ck, b*tch, h*ll.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- References to murder.
- There is one scene that lasts a couple minutes of a car crash involving 4 teenagers- its obvious they were thrown all around and out of the vehicles. 1 girl flew through the windshield and lays on the hood of a car all bloody, 1 boy lays on the ground by the vehicles all bloody, and 2 teens are in the 2 cars and their faces are bloody as well. However, it is made clear that this is simulation put on by the police to as a lesson about auto safety with Bernie transporting one "victim" who cautions him about remaining in character as the boy starts to laugh.
- A woman is found in a freezer dead (but you only see the very top of her head). Later, a forensic photo of the dead woman's face is presented to the jury.
Violence & Gore
- The main male role picks up a small caliber rifle and shoots the main female character 4 times in the back. This scene isn't graphic but very sudden and changes the overall feel of the film dramatically.