We Are One: The Obama Inaugural Celebration at the Lincoln Memorial (2009) - News Poster

News

Rose McGowan Arrested for Felony Drug Possession

Rose McGowan Arrested for Felony Drug Possession
Rose McGowan was arrested in Virginia on Tuesday in relation to an outstanding warrant for alleged drug possession, Et has learned.

A spokesperson for the Loudoun County Sheriff's Department tells Et that the 44-year-old actress turned herself into the Loudoun County Sheriff’s Department, where she was arrested and then released on a $5,000 unsecured bond. McGowan did not have to put any money down to secure her release.

Photo: Loudoun County Sheriff's Department

In October, McGowan -- who's been one of the most outspoken celebrities who has accused studio mogul Harvey Weinstein of sexual misconduct -- tweeted about having a warrant out for her arrest.

Rose McGowan Claims Harvey Weinstein Raped Her, According to New Tweets

"Are they trying to silence me? There is a warrant out for my arrest in Virginia," she tweeted. "What a load of Horsesh**."

Although, a spokesperson for the Loudoun County Commonwealth’s Attorney’s office told Et at the time that McGowan's
See full article at Entertainment Tonight »

Rose McGowan Faces Outstanding Arrest Warrant for Alleged Cocaine Possession

Rose McGowan Faces Outstanding Arrest Warrant for Alleged Cocaine Possession
Rose McGowan is facing an arrest warrant for alleged drug possession stemming from an incident in January.

On Monday, the 44-year-old actress -- who's been one of the most outspoken celebrities who has accused studio mogul Harvey Weinstein of sexual misconduct -- tweeted about having a warrant out for her arrest.

"Are they trying to silence me? There is a warrant out for my arrest in Virginia," McGowan tweeted. "What a load of Horsesh**."

On Tuesday, a spokesperson for the Loudoun County Commonwealth’s Attorney’s office told Et that McGowan's arrest warrant was issued on Feb. 1, and has been outstanding since then. According to the spokesperson, the warrant exists for possession of cocaine.

Rose McGowan Says Twitter Has Suspended Her Account Amid Harvey Weinstein Scandal, Social Media Site Responds

“Rose’s warrant has been unserved. It was sworn out (or issued) on Feb. 1 for an offense date in January," the spokesperson tells Et
See full article at Entertainment Tonight »

Rose McGowan Speaks Publicly for the First Time Since Harvey Weinstein Scandal: 'It's Time to Clean House'

Rose McGowan Speaks Publicly for the First Time Since Harvey Weinstein Scandal: 'It's Time to Clean House'
Rose McGowan spoke publicly for the first time on Friday since accusing film producer Harvey Weinstein of alleged sexual assault.

While addressing a large audience at the Women’s Convention in Detroit, Michigan, the 44-year-old actress vowed to keep fighting sexual misconduct in Hollywood and urged women to take back their power.

"I have been silenced for 20 years," McGowan said. "I have been slut-shamed. I have been harassed. I have been maligned. And you know what? I'm just like you."

“What happened to me behind the scenes happens to all of us in this society, and that cannot stand and it will not stand,” she continued. "We are free. We are strong. We are one massive, collective voice.”

Related: Harvey Weinstein Scandal Continues: Could He Face Charges Amid Further Allegations?

As Et previously reported, McGowan, who worked with Weinstein on the 1996 Miramax film Scream, was among a group of women who accused the high-powered studio mogul of sexual
See full article at Entertainment Tonight »

Rose McGowan Makes Powerful First Speech Since Weinstein Rape Allegation: ‘Name It. Shame It. Call It Out.’

Rose McGowan Makes Powerful First Speech Since Weinstein Rape Allegation: ‘Name It. Shame It. Call It Out.’
Rose McGowan kicked off the Women’s Convention in Detroit on Oct. 27 with a powerful opening speech in which she called on all women to rise up and “clean out.” The public appearance was McGowan’s first since accusing Harvey Weinstein of rape in a tweet posted October 12. The actress has used the social media platform to speak out against Weinstein in the wake of over 60 sexual harassment claims made against him.

Read More:Rose McGowan on Twitter: ‘Harvey Weinstein Raped Me’

“We are all Me Too’s,” McGowan said, referring to the hashtag that encourages women to share their own stories of harassment. “I have been silenced for 20 years. I have been slut shamed. I’ve been harassed. I’ve been maligned…We are one massive collective voice, that is what #RoseArmy is all about…no more will we be shunted to the side. No more will we be hurt.
See full article at Indiewire »

Donald Trump Mocked for Saying He Spoke to Virgin Islands 'President' — Who Happens to Be Himself

Donald Trump Mocked for Saying He Spoke to Virgin Islands 'President' — Who Happens to Be Himself
It was a moment that should have made President Donald Trump realize, “Oh, it me.”

Trump was under fire Friday after saying he’d spoken with the president of the Virgin Islands — who, as many on Twitter were quick to point out, is actually Trump himself.

Trump was apparently referring to the Virgin Islands’ governor, Kenneth Mapp, when he told the crowd at Thursday’s Values Voter Summit in Washington, D.C., that he’d recently met with “the president of the Virgin Islands.”

The Virgin Islands is a U.S. island territory that was ravaged by Hurricane Maria after
See full article at PEOPLE.com »

Jennifer Lopez Slams Donald Trump For Comments About San Juan’s Mayor

Jennifer Lopez Slams Donald Trump For Comments About San Juan’s Mayor
Brought to you by the editors of People en Español.

A week ago, Marc Anthony openly criticized President Donald Trump for his preoccupation with NFL players taking a knee during the national anthem, while failing to respond to the devastation wrought by Hurricane Maria in Puerto Rico. The singer of Puerto Rican descent took an aim at Trump tweeting, “Mr. President, shut the f— up about NFL. Do something about our people in need in #PuertoRico. We are American citizens too.”

This week, Anthony’s ex-wife Jennifer Lopez is taking a shot at the commander-in-chief.

Lopez joined a group of celebrities,
See full article at PEOPLE.com »

President Trump Stands by Pardon of Sheriff Joe Arpaio – and Laments That ‘Ratings’ Weren’t ‘Higher’

President Donald Trump staunchly defended his controversial decision to pardon much-maligned Arizona sheriff Joe Arpaio, and at the same time revealed that the Friday move was strategically made amid deadly flooding in Texas to potentially capitalize on a larger news audience.

“A lot of people think it was the right thing to do,” Trump asserted of the pardon during a press conference Monday alongside Finnish President Sauli Niinistö. “And actually, in the middle of a hurricane, I assumed the ratings would be far higher than they would be normally. You know, the hurricane was just starting and I put it out that I had pardoned,
See full article at PEOPLE.com »

Doobie Brothers To Perform At Playing For Change Foundation Concert

Playing For Change, the multimedia company responsible for the popular ‘Songs Around The World’ video series, has announced it will host We Are One, a concert benefitting the Playing For Change Foundation and celebrating 10 years of positive change through music.

Official partners for the event include Los Angeles’ premier rock radio station 95.5 Klos, La Weekly, and Japan-based music app Nana. The concert will take place on Tuesday, October 3, at the historic Mayan Theater in downtown Los Angeles and feature performances from The Doobie Brothers members Tom Johnston, Patrick Simmons, and John McFee; as well as Paul Barrere and Fred Tackett from Little Feat; The Playing For Change Band, that features 10 respected musicians from 10 different countries; world-renowned drummer James Gadson; The Ambassador of Soul, Ellis Hall; legendary harmonica player Lee Oskar; and more. Ticketing options include an exclusive VIP experience with a pre-show meet and greet reception with The Doobie Brothers and musicians,
See full article at Look to the Stars »

Killing Eve: Production Begins on Sandra Oh Thriller TV Series

We are one step closer to Sandra Oh's new series. This week, BBC America announced production has begun on the upcoming TV show Killing Eve.From Phoebe Waller-Bridge, the thriller drama "follows two fiercely intelligent women - a psychopathic assassin and the woman charged with hunting her down." Sandra Oh and Jodie Comer star.Read More…
See full article at TVSeriesFinale »

Donald Trump Talks “Love” And “Unity” Hours After Blaming “Sick” Media For Neo-Nazis At Rally

"It is time to heal the wound that divides us and to seek new unity based on common values that unite us," President Donald Trump told the National Convention of American Legion in Reno, Nv, sticking to the teleprompter less than 24 hours after his off-script rally rant in Phoenix. "We are one people with one home and one great flag," Teleprompter Trump said – presumably excepting the journalists covering today's address and yesterday’s, who Trump counted among the "sick…
See full article at Deadline TV »

Ghostbusters animated movie detailed, possible 2019 release

David Crow Jul 21, 2017

At the Sdcc Ghostbusters panel, Ivan Reitman reveals that the animated Ghostbusters movie will be from a ghost's Pov.

We are one year out from the Ghostbusters film of last year. But wherever you stand on the comedy which starred Kristen Wiig, Melissa McCarthy, Kate McKinnon, and Leslie Jones, it clearly didn’t set the box office on fire. Be that as it may, Ivan Reitman, who produced the movie and directed a the original Ghostbusters, is far from undaunted.

While stepping foot inside of San Diego Comic-Con for a Ghostbusters panel of biblical proportions, he had much to say about the future of the brand. There to help promote several new Ghostbusters comics series from Idw Publishing, Reitman talked pretty openly about the future of Ghostbusters movies at Sony Pictures and their newly minted Ghost Corps subsidiary.

More acutely, Reitman confirmed that not only is the Ghostbusters animated movie still on,
See full article at Den of Geek »

Princess Kate Makes Surprise Hospital Visit to London Terror Attack Victims

Hrh is discussing psychological support for those affected by #LondonBridge with A&E Lead @malcolm1771 & Dr Muj Husain from @MaudsleyNHS pic.twitter.com/6gdaUTh2bA

— King's College NHS (@KingsCollegeNHS) June 12, 2017

Princess Kate made a surprise visit to King’s College Hospital in London on Monday to meet with some of the victims of the city’s June 3 terror attack.

Of the 48 injured, 14 were taken to King’s, with one able to leave soon after. The other 13 needed treatment for stab wounds — seven of whom were in a critical condition and are still receiving constant treatment. (Eight people died in the attack,
See full article at PEOPLE.com »

Have we lost our Eurovision? What the contest means in today's Europe

Utopian, eclectic and eccentric, Eurovision was set up to unite cultures.

Can it survive the rise in nationalism – and how will Brexit Britain’s entry

be received?

You probably have to leave the UK to understand what the Eurovision Song Contest can mean. In 1998, I was in Berlin and went to a very raucous party for it in Kreuzberg, then still the district where anarchists and impoverished Turks shared an urban space. The German entry was the extraordinary Guildo Horn, an excitable turquoise-clad eccentric in the Kreuzberg tradition. It involved cowbells. For the Kreuzberg drunks, this unexpectedly mattered: a chance to display the benevolent madness of their own festive lives. But a little later, another sign that these things mattered: the Turkish entry came to an end, and all around there were roars of approval from open windows. For three minutes, Europe had been listening to Turkey.

Eurovision, which began
See full article at The Guardian - TV News »

Hunter Biden and Estranged Wife File Motion to Divorce ‘Amicably and Privately’ After Explosive Allegations

Hunter Biden and Estranged Wife File Motion to Divorce ‘Amicably and Privately’ After Explosive Allegations
Former Vice President Joe Biden’s son Hunter and his estranged wife, Kathleen, filed a consent motion in Washington, D.C., on Wednesday to end their marriage in a “dignified, respectful and family-focused manner.”

The motion obtained by People reads: “The parties recognize the benefit to themselves, their children, and their families in moving to finalize their divorce amicably and privately.”

The filing comes a week after it was revealed that Hunter is now dating Hallie Biden, the widow of his late brother, Beau Biden, who died in May 2015 at age 46 after a battle with brain cancer.

A Feb. 23 motion
See full article at PEOPLE.com »

Anheuser-Busch Threatens Boycott of Boston St. Patrick’s Parade If Lgbtq Vets Are Excluded

Anheuser-Busch has threatened to not attend Boston’s St. Patrick’s Day Parade after the South Boston Allied War Veterans Council excluded the Lgbtq veterans group from participating in the parade.

The brewing company joined Boston Mayor Marty Walsh and Massachusetts Governor Charlie Baker in denouncing the parade’s decision to exclude Outvets, according to NBC Boston. Both Walsh and Baker said they would not march if Outvets, the Boston-based Lgbtq veteran organization, was turned away from the parade.

Breaking: Statement from Anheuser-Busch on the Boston St. Patrick’s Day Parade: pic.twitter.com/z8CzS3ApOA

— Ryan Ruggiero (@RyanRuggiero
See full article at PEOPLE.com »

Joe Biden’s Brother Jim: ‘Our Family Will Not Be Broken’

  • PEOPLE.com
Joe Biden’s Brother Jim: ‘Our Family Will Not Be Broken’
News of Joe Biden’s son, Hunter, dating his late brother Beau’s widow, Hallie Biden, has made recent headlines — perhaps especially given the tight-knit nature of the Biden family. But the unexpected romance between Hunter and Hallie stems from a deep bond formed as they grieved the loss of Beau together. And the relationship, which is supported by Joe and Jill Biden, hasn’t affected any family dynamics, according to Biden family members.

“We take great pride in the fact that we have each other with all that’s going on in this world today,” Joe’s brother Jim Biden tells People.
See full article at PEOPLE.com »

Alien: Covenant Set Visit - Director Ridley Scott Doesn't Think Of Alien As A Horror Film

Written by Fernando Esquivel

Lrm Online was allowed to visit Fox Studios Australia this past June where Ridely Scott was filming his latest chapter in the Alien series, Alien: Covenant. With limited time we were able to catch up with him while he was in between takes. Guided into a dimly lit stage we came across a massive set which consist of large heads which look like they are carved from stone. These large heads are know as the engineers or the elders that once had a civilization on this planet. Here is what he had to say about his latest film.

What's with all the heads?

Ridley Scott: If you ask me they were a people who were superior. These were probably the ten apostles, the wise men.

We hear you're going back to horror with this film?

Scott: Well, yeah. Alien was kind of a posh horror film.
See full article at LRM Online »

Netflix reveals $1.75bn European production investment

  • ScreenDaily
CEO Reed Hastings outlines streaming giant’s commitment to European content; teaser for first German original series revealed.

Netflix has spent more than a billion dollars on European film and TV productions, according to Reed Hastings, the co-founder and CEO of the streaming giant.

During a press event in Berlin, Hastings said that since 2012 Netflix has spent $1.75bn on European licensed, original and co-production film and TV projects.

This includes more than 90 original productions in various stages of development, including films, documentaries, and TV shows.

We are one of the most active supporters and financers of European content,” said Hastings.

He said that European content is being watched by 93 million subscribers around the world, adding that more than two thirds of viewing of European content comes from outside of Europe.

“We’re creating these global audiences for great local productions,” he said.

During the event, Netflix released the debut teaser for its first German original series [link=tt
See full article at ScreenDaily »

'Cma Country Christmas' Jennifer Nettles: 'Sugarland is a part of me, but not everything'

Jennifer Nettles surely is more comfortable hosting "Cma Country Christmas" this time.

When she filled that role on the ABC special last year, the Sugarland vocalist was about to deliver her first baby. In the same month her son marks his first birthday, Nettles is back for her fourth round introducing a parade of country artists performing seasonal favorites in the two-hour show Monday, Dec. 2.

(ABC repeats it both Saturday, Dec. 14, and Sunday, Dec. 22.)

"One of the things I had hoped for this show was for it to become a tradition," Nettles tells Zap2it. "As a new mom, I'm hyper-aware of that now. This is what families do; they start traditions. Things start to take on a different meaning when you're a family."

Other members of the country music "family" in the newest "Cma Country Christmas" include Lady Antebellum, Trace Adkins, Luke Bryan, Rascal Flatts, Hunter Hayes, Kellie Pickler,
See full article at Zap2It - From Inside the Box »

85th Annual Academy Awards Lands Director Don Mischer

  • MovieWeb
85th Annual Academy Awards Lands Director Don Mischer
Don Mischer will direct the 85th Annual Academy Awards telecast, producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron announced today. This marks the continuation of Don Mischer Productions' multi-faceted relationship with the Academy, which includes producing the Oscars red carpet pre-show and producing the annual Governors Awards.

"For a very long time, we had always hoped to work with Don Mischer," said Zadan and Meron. 'His talent and reputation are unsurpassed and we're so happy he will be our collaborator on the 85th Academy Awards."

"I am so very excited to be directing The Academy Awards again this year and to be working with creative producers like Craig and Neil," said Mischer. "All of us at Don Mischer Productions are also thrilled to be producing the Oscar pre-show, and most significantly to continue a wonderfully gratifying relationship with the Academy."

This will be Mischer's third consecutive year as director of the Oscars.
See full article at MovieWeb »
An error has occured. Please try again.

See also

External Sites


Recently Viewed