World Poker Tour (2003– )
FAQAdd to FAQ
No. While the impression is given that all of their commentary is recorded live and used when the show airs, their comments about the player's hole cards are recorded afterwards during post-production. State gaming regulations prohibit them and anyone else from observing the hole card camera during the game. So, the show's commentary is actually a mixture of live recording, (when the duo interacts with the players and audience) and post-production recording (when they finally get to see the hole cards) . Edit
Yes. in fact five former winners of the WSOP's Main Event have gone on to win WPT titles. They are;
1. Doyle Brunson. Winner of both the 1976 and 1977 WSOP Main Events and the 2004 Bicycle Casino's Legends of Poker, WPT event.
2. Carlos Mortensen. Winner of the WSOP Main Event in 2001 and both the 2004 Doyle Brunson North American Poker Championship and the 2007, season 5 WPT World Championship, World Poker Tour events.
3. Scotty Nguyen. Winner of the 1998 WSOP Main Event and the 2006 Gold Strike World Poker Open, WPT event.
4. Joe Hachem. Winner of the 2005 WSOP Main Event and the 2006 Doyle Brunson North American Poker Championship, WPT Event.
5. 'Action' Dan Harrington. Winner of the 1995 WSOP Main Event and the 2007 Bicycle Casino's Legends of Poker, WPT Event Edit