WWE ushered in a new era when WrestleMania took over "The World's Most Famous Arena" Madison Square Garden in New York. The star-studded affair - featuring Hulk Hogan and TV sensation Mr. T against "Rowdy" Roddy Piper and Paul Orndorff - involved the likes of Cyndi Lauper, Muhammad Ali and Liberace. Plus, Andre the Giant decimating Bobby Heenan's charge, Big John Studd, in a $15,000 Body Slam Challenge.
Did You Know?
Only WWE PPV matches for Mike Rotunda
and Matt Borne (Matt Osborne
) as themselves. All of Rotunda's later WWE PPV matches (1991-1995) were as Irwin R. Schyster (I.R.S.). Borne's only other WWE PPV matches, at "WrestleMania IX" and "SummerSlam 93," were as Doink the Clown. See more
The match between King Kong Bundy
and S.D. Jones is said to have set a record of 9 seconds for the shortest match in WWF history. However, the match, in real time, actually runs for at least 20 seconds. See more
Coliseum Video release removed or replaced the entrance themes for a number of wrestlers. This was likely done because of song rights. They were:
- The Junkyard Dog: Another One Bites The Dust (Queen)
- Mike Rotundo And Barry Windham: Born In The U.S.A (Bruce Springsteen)
- Wendy Richter: Girls Just Want To Have Fun (Cyndi Lauper)
- Hulk Hogan and Mr. T: Eye Of The Tiger (Survivor)
- The reissued video release by Titan Sports restores the original entrance themes.
Followed by WrestleMania VII
Easy Lover (Instrumental)
Written by Nathan East
, Phil Collins
, Philip Gale and Philip Bailey
Performed by Philip Bailey
and Phil Collins See more