Jesus' Son (1999)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 7 items
|MPAA||Rated R for graphic drug use, strong language, sexuality and some violent images|
Sex & Nudity
- Women wearing revealing clothes & underwear, several shots of naked men's chests, we see a woman's naked back for some seconds, later she is lying naked on a bed, though the scene is soft-drawn, we can see her bare breasts.
- During a dramatic scene, a woman's bare buttocks are seen a couple of times.
- Also some scenes of passionate kissing and sex (movements, moaning, woman's naked breast is visible)
Violence & Gore
- we see the victim of a car crash in a close-up, face is all covered in blood. We also see a men with a knife sticking in his eye (no close ups, yet very graphic), a person gets shot in his belly and is trying to stop the blood with his hands.
- Many uses of the word F--K. Several other milder uses of profanity. 30+ uses of the f-word.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Since this is a film about the life of a drug addict, there are many scenes of and references to drug use including heroine, alcohol and smoking.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- the hallucinations a person gets from drug use can be scary to some person, we also see this persons collapse afterwards which is shown quite graphic; a person commits suicide by taking pills, there's also a car accident with including two little kids shown (accident itself is not graphic, bur later on the victim in the other car is shown)