The Sixth Sense (1999)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 25 items
|MPAA||Rated PG-13 for intense thematic material and violent images|
Sex & Nudity
- No sex or nudity.
- A (married) man and woman kiss and walk to the bedroom but nothing happens.
- About 41 minutes into movie, a husband watches his nude wife in the shower; through a glass shower door. The image of a naked woman was visible to me. Scene lasts about 6-7 seconds.
- A man is wearing only his underwear in one scene.
- Cole's mother is briefly in a bra, with just cleavage visible.
- A woman lays in bed and we see cleavage in her nightgown.
Violence & Gore
- A boy shoots a man in the chest and then proceeds to shoot himself off screen. Neither deaths are explicit and are more emotional and shocking than bloody
- A man lies on his back with a small pool of blood behind it.
- The ghost of a young boy has a bloody wound on the back of his head briefly.
- The ghost of a woman is briefly seen with graphic burns on one side of her body.
- The ghost of a woman is briefly seen with blood on a side of her face.
- A man has some blood on the back of his shirt in a scene.
- The ghost of a woman is seen with a bruised face, implying she is the victim of domestic violence. She turns around, briefly revealing cut wrists.
- The ghost of a girl vomits suddenly and graphically.
- The dead bodies of a man, woman and child are seen hanging by the neck from a distance.
- A man is shot in the stomach, and the shooter then shoots himself in the head off-screen. No blood.
- A young boy is locked in a closet and begins screaming. He bashes on the door, and when it's opened, he is unconscious and is hospitalized. There are some mild wounds on his body that show that he was physically harmed.
- At the funeral of a young girl, a videotape briefly shows a mother feeding her child poisoned soup to keep her sick.
- Bullshit, ass and dick are used once each. Goddamn, damn and hell are used a few times.
- Damn, bitch and fuck are all briefly seen scrawled on a piece of paper, however they are very easy to miss.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- A man and woman drink wine and appear a little tipsy.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Scenes where ghosts appear can be found disturbing, startling, upsetting, dark, and suspenseful.
- The behavior of the mentally troubled Vincent Grey (Donnie Wahlberg) is disturbing.
- The opening scene is ridiculously disturbing.
- A few jump scenes. Some of the entries under 'Violence & Gore' might be disturbing.