Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 19 items
Sex & Nudity
- The character Arwen sometimes wears gowns showing cleavage.
- In a dream, two characters kiss two or three times.
Violence & Gore
- Orcs raid and burn a village to the ground, burning buildings and killing without mercy. People flee and scream in terror.
- Cavalry charge an orc encampment. Several orcs are shot with arrows and stabbed. One orc is speared, but chases two characters into the woods. We see his bloody gut wound, and he limps with agony.
- Cavalry men charge cavalry orcs. Soldiers on both sides are stabbed, speared, decapitated and limbs are hacked off. We see bloodied swords and several bodies on the ground.
- In the end, climatic battle scene, we see see thousands of orcs charge a fortress held by a few hundred humans and elves. The defenders fire arrows, spears and rocks into the attacking army and kill several. We see hundreds of dead orc bodies on the ground. The orcs climb the wall and engage the defenders. Soldiers on both sides are stabbed, speared, shot, decapitated and limbs are slashed off. In a distressing scene boys as young as 10 are forced to fight in a war, and we clearly see one get slashed across the face (with blood). A principal character is speared in shoulder during the battle.
- Thousands of cavalry riding men charge into orcs on foot. Several orcs are killed.
- Characters find an orc head impaled on a spear.
- Humans ambush another group of humans fighting for the bad guys. Several of the bad guy humans are shot with arrows and we see several dead bodies.
- The orcs are shown to be cannibalistic and eat their own kind, with gross and occasionally bloody results.
- In the extended edition, we see the aftermath of a battle at a creek, with several, bloodied dead bodies of orcs and men on the ground, with blood in the creek.
- 1 use of damn. 1 use of hell (the place).
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Several characters smoke pipes and drink wine and ale, though they never get drunk.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Armies of goblins and orcs are grotesque, with rough voices and yellow eyes and sharp teeth. A few of them have blood dripping out of their mouths. They are very frightening. The goblins are shown in several scenes.
- In a scene in which the main character falls into a marsh that carries the souls of dead people, we see very scary, grotesque ghosts trying to pull him in before he is instead pulled out. This scene is disturbing and very scary.
- The servants of Sauron are clad all in black with their faces invisible. They emit loud screams and talk with a very evil, low voice. They ride grotesque flying creatures that kill people and good guys without mercy, mostly by picking them up and letting them fall.
- Gollum is a frightening, frightening creature, who is present through most of the film, though he talks and interacts with main characters.
Violence & Gore
- Two people examine another human who is dying of a wound. They remove a bandage showing a very bloody wound with blood still oozing out of it. The woman turns away horrified. They comfort the wounded man, who dies later that night.