Mars Attacks! (1996)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 22 items
|MPAA||Rated PG-13 for sci-fi fantasy violence and brief sexuality|
Sex & Nudity
- Female TV reporter is shown in her underwear briefly
- The presidents assistant drives his car up to a group of prostitutes wearing revealing clothing. He often glances down at their breasts. He does this again with an alien woman. He tries to take gum out of her mouth.
- There is a brief scene showing a man and woman having sex with no nudity.
Violence & Gore
- An alien is strangled by a chihuahua that has it's head on a human woman's body, though this is way more hilarious than it is violent.
- Lots and lots of explosions, lots of people are shot with Martian weapons which vaporize them into skeletons. Shooting with guns, falls, things fall on top of people and crush them, fistfights and punches, a man is impaled with some blood on his chest, a man is made smaller and then squashed.
- Many Martian heads explode into green goo. The Martians are gross-looking and twice we see Martian autopsies.
- A man's finger is bitten off and we see the bloody stump -- and bloody finger as fish in an aquarium nibble at it.
- A woman is left holding a bloody hand when her boyfriend is vaporized, animals are burned and vaporized, body parts are floating in jars and Martians play with body parts.
- A dog's head is grafted onto a woman's body, the woman's disembodied head screams and is later seen on the dog's body.
- A man's head (with bloody stump) is held by wires while his mutilated body (complete with beating, bloody heart) hangs nearby.
- Two disembodied heads roll around, people fly through the air while the Martians shoot and attack. About half the main characters die.
- Words like "Hell", "Crap", "Asshole", "Retard", "S***" is used in the movie.
- Two obscured F-words. A few mild obscenities and scatological references, a couple of anatomical references.
- One of the soldiers yells at the alien "Die! You alien S*** head!" before getting vaporized by a ray gun and killed.
- One of the singers characters on stage says "Jesus Christ!" before getting attacked by aliens ray guns.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Pierce Brosnan is seen smoking a pipe on several occasions.
- A woman has an alcohol problem, and is seen at an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting.
- Jack Nicholson is seen drinking and in a drunk state.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- A dog is vaporized to a skeleton by a Martian. Two birds meet the same fate. The death of the dog may sadden animal lovers.
- There are a few mildly frightening scenes of Martian attacking and killing people.
- Just the appearance of the aliens, may scare younger viewers.
- The violence is a bit more gory and graphic than what is usually permitted in a PG-13 film, but it is portrayed in an over-the top, cartoonish way the renders it unrealistic and comical rather than serious and upsetting.