Beavis and Butt-Head (1993–2011)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 12 items
Sex & Nudity
- Contains frequent crude sexual references throughout the course of the series. Very few episodes are devoid of sexual humour. References are made to sexual activity, prostitution, inappropriate sexual conduct (e.g. child molestation), pornography, puberty, masturbation, genitalia etc.
- Also contains infrequent moments of rear nudity.
Violence & Gore
- Contains typical cartoon violence as Beavis and Butt-head often irresponsibly injure themselves whilst performing stunts, emulating what they have seen on TV or simply as a result of their poor judgment.
- Some episodes contain moderate bloody animated violence. Beavis suffers a nosebleed in one episode and bleeds profusely throughout. Mutilations (often of the hand) and other severe injuries also occur on occasion, often with Beavis at the center of the injury.
- In one episode, the word wh-re is used.
- Contains frequent very mild crude language (e.g. "butt" and many variants such as "butt-wipe", "ass goblin" among other terms), and some mild coarse language (e.g. "son of a bitch", "crap", "pissed off") throughout the course of the series.
- Stronger coarse language is either muted or bleeped.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- In one episode Beavis goes to prison and he is seen smoking a cigarette with his cellmate. Beavis is also seen trying to light up a cigarette or a joint in another episode.
- Contains some occasional smoking and drinking throughout the course of the series, though Beavis and Butt-head are seldom seen indulging in such acts, however, Beavis and Butt-head consider the use of drugs and alcohol to be "cool", though the series as a whole does not promote the use of such substances as it largely serves as a commentary on self-destructive, uneducated, misanthropic youth.
- In a controversial episode which is no longer available in circulation, Beavis and Butt-head swallow condoms full of drugs with the intention of smuggling them.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- It should be noted that Beavis and Butthead's antics are not meant to be imitated. In fact, a disclaimer is often presented to warn the viewers not to "try this at home", otherwise, they would get "Hurt, Expelled, Arrested, Possibly Deported".
- Some scenes may adversely influence, confuse, upset or distress younger viewers.