The third weekend of horror blockbuster “It” continues to scare up impressive business with a projected $30 million at 4,007 locations, followed by the launch of Warner Bros.’ animated comedy “The Lego Ninjago Movie” with about $21 million at 4,047 locations — well under recent forecasts. Still, with three films over $20 million, the overall box office represents a continued rebound for the movie business following a dismal late summer.
Independent horror movie “Friend Request” is showing little traction in its launch weekend with an estimated $2.2 million at 2,550 venues. Jake Gyllenhaal’s “Stronger,” a biopic on Boston Marathon bombing survivor Jeff Bauman, is opening with a moderate $1.6 million at 574 sites for Roadside Attractions.
- Dave McNary
Similar News ItemsWarner Bros. [us]
- Movie Ticket Prices Jump 5 Percent to $8.93 (From The Wrap. 18 October 2017, 9:20 AM, PDT)
- Epic Justice League Banner Unites Five Of The Six; Check Out New Concept Art Featuring The Flash (From We Got This Covered. 18 October 2017, 8:34 AM, PDT)
- Box Office: ‘Boo 2! A Madea Halloween’ to Haunt Competition on Slow Weekend (From Variety - Film News. 18 October 2017, 8:22 AM, PDT)
- Rumour: Candra will be a villain in the Gambit movie (From Flickeringmyth. 17 October 2017, 7:54 AM, PDT)
- Is X-Men Villain Candra Set To Feature In Gambit? (From We Got This Covered. 16 October 2017, 8:55 AM, PDT)
- "X-Men: Gambit" Movie Updates (From SneakPeek. 16 October 2017, 6:15 AM, PDT)
Emma Stone (III)
- #RejectTheNRA: Julianne Moore, Emma Stone, Laura Dern, and More Call on Citizens to Help in New PSA — Watch (From Indiewire. 18 October 2017, 8:34 AM, PDT)
- #RejectTheNRA: Julianne Moore, Emma Stone, Laura Dern, and More Call on Citizens to Help in New PSA — Watch (From Indiewire Television. 18 October 2017, 8:34 AM, PDT)
- Melissa McCarthy, Emma Stone, More Stars Urge People to #RejectTheNRA (From The Hollywood Reporter - TV News. 18 October 2017, 4:00 AM, PDT)