Devin Faraci Steps Down From Alamo Drafthouse Again After Backlash

Devin Faraci Steps Down From Alamo Drafthouse Again After Backlash
Movie blogger Devin Faraci has stepped down from working for a second time for Alamo Drafthouse, less than a year after he departed as editor-in-chief of its Birth.Movies.Death. in the wake of being accused of sexual assault.

Drafthouse CEO Tim League made the announcement Wednesday evening — reversing course on his disclosure a day earlier that Faraci was once again working for the Austin, Texas-based movie theater chain and distribution company. League had said on Tuesday that Faraci has “entered recovery” and had been sober since the allegations were made in 2016.

League appeared to have relented to public pressure to terminate contact with the controversial blogger, posting a short letter on Facebook on Wednesday evening that said Faraci had offered his resignation — which was accepted. League also said he was willing to talk to people about the controversy in small group discussions beginning on Friday.

The editor of Drafthouse’s Birth.Movies.
See full article at Variety - Film News »

Similar News