Kristoff St. John and his ex-wife, Mia, are still mourning the tragic loss of their son, Julian.
It's been nearly three years since Julian was found dead at age 24 in his room at a mental health care facility in Long Beach, California, after suffering from schizophrenia for years. His death was reported as suicide.
Shortly after, Kristoff and Mia filed a wrongful death lawsuit against the La Casa Psychiatric Health Facility, alleging that nurses and staff members regularly skipped mandatory check-ins and observations of Julian, who was supposed to be on suicide watch and checked on every 15 minutes. The St. Johns alleged that on the day that their son died, surveillance footage showed nobody had checked on him for over an hour before they found him with a bag over his head in the bathroom. They claimed nurses and staff doctored documents to cover up the neglect. The facility denied all allegations at the time.
The lawsuit »
Similar News ItemsKevin Frazier (I)
- Jimmy Kimmel Shares Adorable Photo of Son Billy: 'He's Healthy, Happy & Grateful for Your Prayers' (From Entertainment Tonight. 21 October 2017, 3:30 PM, PDT)
- Thurgood Marshall College Fund Celebrates 30th Anniversary Year With Black-Tie Awards Gala (From Look to the Stars. 20 October 2017, 7:00 AM, PDT)
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Says 'Hamilton' Alum Jordan Fisher's Not Throwing Away His Shot at 'DWTS' Glory (Exclusive) (From Entertainment Tonight. 17 October 2017, 11:16 PM, PDT)
Kristoff St. John (I)
- ‘Young And The Restless’ Star Kristoff St. John’s Ex-Wife Mia Sets Record Straight On His Alleged Suicide Threat (From ET Canada. 23 October 2017, 10:04 AM, PDT)
- 'Y & R' Star Kristoff St. John's Ex-Wife Mia Sets Record Straight on His Alleged Suicide Threat (Exclusive) (From Entertainment Tonight. 23 October 2017, 8:44 AM, PDT)
- 'Y&Tr' Star Kristoff St. John Allegedly Threatened to Shoot Himself (Update) (From TMZ. 22 October 2017, 5:30 AM, PDT)