The spinoff is titled “College-ish” and will center around Shahidi’s character Zoey Johnson, as she heads off to college and quickly discovers that not everything goes her way once she leaves the nest. The show is set to debut with a 13-episode season in early 2018.
“College-ish” is described as a contemporary take on the current issues facing both students and administrators in the world of higher education. Deon Cole will co-star with Shahidi, reprising his “Black-ish” role of Charlie, who moonlights as an adjunct marketing professor. The rest of the core cast will be new characters and actors, not seen in the flagship series, both in the administration and student body who all reflect the complex and hilarious points of views on college campuses.
The spinoff was developed at ABC, which airs “Black-ish,” and aired as a planted pilot this spring. After »
- Elizabeth Wagmeister
Similar News ItemsLaurence Fishburne
- Why Is Keanu Reeves Wearing a 'Canadian Tuxedo'?! (From PEOPLE.com. 16 August 2017, 1:44 PM, PDT)
- ‘Black-ish’ Emmy Fyc Event: Anthony Anderson, Tracee Ellis Ross, and more host a carnival at Walt Disney Studios (From Gold Derby. 14 August 2017, 2:00 PM, PDT)
- First Ant-Man 2 Set Photos Reunite Evangeline Lilly and Paul Rudd (From MovieWeb. 12 August 2017, 11:11 AM, PDT)
Disney Channel [us]
- These Disney Channel Original Halloween Movies Will Make You Scream (With Joy) (From BuzzSugar. 19 August 2017, 8:20 AM, PDT)
- Get These Kids' TV Bedrooms! Steal the Secrets from the Sets of This Is Us, Raven's Home and More (From PEOPLE.com. 18 August 2017, 2:24 PM, PDT)
- Jake Paul Addresses His Public Image In ‘YouTube Stars Diss Track’ Music Video, Apologizes To Fans For Bad Behaviour (From ET Canada. 18 August 2017, 2:01 PM, PDT)
ABC Studios [us]
- "The Defenders" - More New Footage (From SneakPeek. 20 August 2017, 11:39 AM, PDT)
- Krysten Ritter Has "Glamour" (From SneakPeek. 19 August 2017, 7:41 AM, PDT)
- Marvel's "The Punisher" - New Footage (From SneakPeek. 18 August 2017, 7:14 AM, PDT)