Jesse Eisenberg dabbled with biographical films in 2010’s The Social Network, where he played Facebook co-founder Mark Zuckerberg. Now Variety reports the Now You See Me 2 star is going full biopic for an upcoming movie about Marcel Marceau, the internationally renowned mime and actor who was a part of the French Resistance in his youth. Eisenberg will play Marceau, who joined the French underground in Limoges, where he would alter the ages on the identification cards of other Jewish teens in an effort to keep them out of the labor camps. He also hid Jewish children from the Gestapo, and even posed as a Boy Scout leader to smuggle them into Switzerland. Sadly, when he returned to his hometown of Strasbourg, he learned his father had been captured and sent to Auschwitz, where he was killed along with so many others.
Jonathan Jakubowicz is writing and directing the ...
- Danette Chavez
Similar News ItemsThe Social Network (2010)
- Aaron Sorkin Signs With CAA (From hollywoodreporter_tv. 28 June 2017, 6:59 PM, PDT)
- Aaron Sorkin Signs With CAA (From The Hollywood Reporter - TV News. 28 June 2017, 6:59 PM, PDT)
- Aaron Sorkin Signs With CAA (From The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News. 28 June 2017, 6:59 PM, PDT)
- Zack Snyder shares dark and moody new image of Batman in Justice League (From Flickeringmyth. 28 June 2017, 12:01 PM, PDT)
- Rumoured description for the new Justice League trailer includes Superman’s return (From Flickeringmyth. 26 June 2017, 12:07 AM, PDT)
- The Batmobile returns in latest Justice League set photo (From Flickeringmyth. 24 June 2017, 4:15 PM, PDT)
- Facebook Looking To Develop Original Streaming TV Shows (From Screen Rant. 28 June 2017, 1:55 PM, PDT)
- Facebook Surpasses Insane Milestone Of 2 Billion Worldwide Users (From Tubefilter News. 27 June 2017, 3:59 PM, PDT)
- Facebook Just Hit a Crazy User Milestone (From The Wrap. 27 June 2017, 11:18 AM, PDT)