Jesse Eisenberg dabbled with biographical films in 2010’s The Social Network, where he played Facebook co-founder Mark Zuckerberg. Now Variety reports the Now You See Me 2 star is going full biopic for an upcoming movie about Marcel Marceau, the internationally renowned mime and actor who was a part of the French Resistance in his youth. Eisenberg will play Marceau, who joined the French underground in Limoges, where he would alter the ages on the identification cards of other Jewish teens in an effort to keep them out of the labor camps. He also hid Jewish children from the Gestapo, and even posed as a Boy Scout leader to smuggle them into Switzerland. Sadly, when he returned to his hometown of Strasbourg, he learned his father had been captured and sent to Auschwitz, where he was killed along with so many others.
Jonathan Jakubowicz is writing and directing the ...
- Danette Chavez
Similar News ItemsThe Social Network (2010)
- 10 Things You Didn’t Know about The Social Network (From TVovermind.com. 18 August 2017, 3:30 AM, PDT)
- Newswire: Radiohead’s drummer is getting into the movie soundtrack game, too (From The AV Club. 17 August 2017, 4:47 PM, PDT)
- Aaron Sorkin's Directorial Debut Molly's Game Gets A Trailer! (From LRM Online. 15 August 2017, 12:50 PM, PDT)
- Haugesund: Joachim Trier on Toronto-Bound ‘Thelma,’ his 1980s’ Influences, the Threat to Filmmaking in Norway (From Variety - Film News. 21 August 2017, 4:19 AM, PDT)
- Rumour: Zack Snyder may be returning to help finish Justice League (From Flickeringmyth. 21 August 2017, 4:04 AM, PDT)
- Justice League gets six character promo posters (From Flickeringmyth. 18 August 2017, 4:51 AM, PDT)
- 'Game of Thrones' Facebook, HBO Twitter Hacked (From Rolling Stone. 17 August 2017, 6:19 AM, PDT)
- Spike Lee developing TV series Archer (From Flickeringmyth. 13 August 2017, 10:30 PM, PDT)
- The 20 Best Crime Films of the 21st Century, From ‘Memento’ to ‘Zodiac’ (From Indiewire. 11 August 2017, 2:14 PM, PDT)